Pacific Ring Weave

@spark | great idea to write your concept up here instead on the TSI forums.

Ring Weave is definitly a “fiber component” that is promising both in durability and building cost.

I am glad, that you see it this way too. My opinion is similar.
I hope Mati does not mind this post. I can post other places too.

I am trying to figure out how to build an artificial reef kind of thing off the coast
of California. It would be outside the 3 mile distance, and preferably outside of
the 12 miles distance.

It is possible to be paid to remove waste tires from waste tire generators.
That payment would be at the time of pickup. Other building materials would
cost money.

Hauling and storing waste tires in California require a license and paperwork.
It also requires a vehicle. To build in water would require two vehicles; a truck and
a boat. And it would require a port to load tires from truck to boat.

The process could start small. Transportation of 9 or less tires requires no license
per California law. The storage of 499 or less tires requires no license either.

To make it a cost effective transport, hauling of large number of tires might be necessary.
But it might worth the effort of getting a license and to do the paperwork because of the
payment upfront.

I do not know how big of a truck and boat would be necessary to make the process
coast effective. But there are generators, haulers and disposals already in process.
Transportation by boat was already done too. At the time of the high prices of Australian
coal, there were used tires transported by boat from California to China. Those tires
were burned as fuel.

Thank you for your comment;

Best regards;

post withdrawn , content will be created elsewhere

I have no intentions of going to Texas.

Like individual plastic bottles adrift on the ocean behave differently when they are tied together and sequestered to make a floating foundation.
imagen
bioenhancement vs biofouling ?

why not use bamboo or coconut fiber ? so that we will have almost infinite source , isnt it?

Bamboo and Coconut fiber are definitely among the list of materials;

no i mean follow your design but just use bamboo and coconut fiber as the material.

native material would be very important for controling the cost

well its all happend on mainland when you talk about the low cost, but how about the deliver fee?

unless we build a oceanic based garbage processing base, we canot got lots of these modern factoried material in cheap price. well maybe we could really build such base? as i knew, china had already banned the importing of US waste. but this is still a daily need service and got much higher profit.

isnt that we were talking about the floating island based on pacific ocean?
or you just want to built one near malaysia?