Pacific Ring Weave

Is this Unlimited Extensibility what permits the multiple approaches at the same time? If so it could allow for upgrading without interruption,

And this is where you do not build a engineered structure like a ship hull anymore, this is where you venture off in a discipline that is between marine engineering, landscape gardening, architecture, sculpture, etc.etc. - and it is not about “Pacific Ring Weave” anymore…

When there is no distinction between architecture and urbanism because we have to build the landscape

therefore buiding this type of urban environments should be radically easier and faster than it has been so far

imagen

and it is a ambient which does not have pre-existing hills, and valleys, all will be manmade…enhanced nature…

The poor man´s floating island project had a squarmeter real estate cost of some USD 20 per square meter | singapore landfill comes at USD 700-800 per square meter | so we are definitly in capability to compete…

In the Cholon floating home project the target is an average american home (2600 square feet) to about 1/3 of its usual cost (USD 98K ) - that should work as atractive develoment…

Seed Project | Minimum Viable Development |

…also on the 200 material list…

This is a lot cheaper than undeveloped suburban land in a first rate country.

Well Spark had invited me to post stuff here, and now apparently has abandoned the thread(maybe the “Slippery Word” preacher got to him/her?), I really had nothing concrete or definite to offer so I haven’t, but just now viewing these last dozen or so posts I want to “share my concern” that a steel reinforced concrete beam is not necessary, but a complication. I don’t know the New Venice location, it sounds like it is way offshore, exposed to millions and eventually billions of cycles of large waves, 5-15 constantly with frequent storms stirring up 20-30 foot and “rouge waves” of potentially 60+ ie mid-southern-Atlantic and not the North Pacific or “antarctic ocean” where 100+ is not unheard of. This is an “assumption”. If this is not so, one can put anything they choose into a “static” structural analysis.

Wil’s description of a ringweave net is already massive, impenetrable/unbreakable(by water forces) and wisely overbuilt. It has who knows how many millenniums of “cycle” in the extremely fatigue resistant “rubber”. And two pieces of steel aren’t going to “stabilize” the ground to any degree. It is just “weight” that could facilitate more “required weight” basically turning the “island” into a ship, which still wiggles and deforms in storm waves. Any large steel island sized structural pieces are just too dense, too expensive, and they rust. Much easier to overcome/redirect wave on a limited battle field with a RAM form or an extensive battlefield with heavy attrition and unlimited supply of “soldiers” in a barrier “seaweed reef” or combination of the two.

Yes I get your point, but if it s massive because of its size, then we will eventually need a reinforced spine (s), that’s why all solutions isntead of either or. Think of this “pieces of steel” not as a couple of beams but as reinforcement as needed, not unlike the way the trunk of trees achieve a “perceived rigidity” and functional structural stability out of an initially flexible stem.

By imitating this processs is that we can grow a floating project organically into potentially a city floating offshore in the open sea of the Caribbean, although south of the hurricane affected area.

If it were a sphere shape, mostly submerged, then this would not be necessary and it can settle anywhere in the blue mantle. It is only to withstand the stress of the sea surface that this minute considerations are brought up.

yes! we can gradually tame a section of the sea with many submerged and surface objects and growth gradually dampening wave action.
imagen
imagen
imagen
Imagine “mine fields” of aquaculture where non blue water species can thrive inside the protection of their wave dampening fish pens.
An Oasis in the Ocean.
Combine this with a deepwater syphon and you have enough bio-energy to create an ecosystem.

Or in the OP’s words
@spark

The ring weaving of the structure is not dumping tires into the ocean.
Ring weaving tires together makes a structure, or building.
It is about building a structure of an under water buoy from seabed to about 60’ (20 meters) under the surface
and growing seaweed between the buoy and the surface. This way the buoy would not be a navigational
hazard for most surface vessels. The seaweed could be.
This structure would make it possible to grow seaweed in deep water. Buoys, close to each others, would
make it possible for ecological system of each to interact with another and a large echo system could be developed
in an area where nothing was before. It could develop a large ocean ranching kind of system.
My interest is seaweed. And mooring a boat in the middle of the seaweed field.
This could look like a large field from the middle of it, but in reality it would be just a dot on the map,
and just a drop of water in the ocean.

• Spark

I will create content somewhere else.

Appreciated ! and in honor to you, 20 more characters

the underlying subject we are all discussing is pretty universal for all humans on earth

Well, I can only do what I can do. In this next 3 month time frame I need to get my truck ship shape and find a new to place to “park it”. I got one of my sons with me all summer, so If I am going to go collect tires and build some sort of fishing vessel…south Texas seems to me the preffered choice. I can test/push certain authorities (local “water police”) with less at stake in Texas than California- I don’t even think I could find a place to park my truck along the Southern Cal coast and I lived there 1/2 my life…so despite the potential “tipping fees” for used tire disposal in California, I got no base there, whereas in Texas I could rent a RV lot, go fishing, and collect tires all summer. I’ll get my son to show me how to load pictures onto the internet, maybe buy a drone. Maybe at the end of summer I can find a couple crazies and will take the “marina” out the channel into the Gulf and test the lashings and maneuverabilty under power , probably better testing conditions in November/December.

on another note- ringweave and tiretube can both be expanded linearly and “ringloop” 3D (if you don’t mind to bury earlier “civilizations”.), but if designed as “expandable” the edges should be left accessible. As bamboo is on the “200” list its superiority over steel can be tested “on site”. I never get an answer from a naval architect(PAR) nor a marine surveyor(Gonzo) on boatdesign.net thread “long wooden ships” before I got banned…“massive because of its size” may be naval architect “dogma” made up to discredit antiquated wooden ship design…I don’t see mountains crumbling under their own weight nor islands (held together in tension by an external net) breaking in half.

if it’s built for the repeated operation of crossing the ocean to deliver a payload there may be good reasoon for such dogma.
If it’s a composite material very large floating object incorporting bamboo, one would have to define the context first to make it acceptable. Or try it on the fly.

Best regards to all participants: Elmer, Mati, chinaseapirate !!!

Boatdesign.net well, I got banned there first. -))

A California site would be difficult to finance if it starts from a land base.

I thought I did. Context: there is no vertical point loading on the island as a whole. The waves of the right magnitude and wavelength to potentially impose such loads have already been eliminated. The “land” just compresses because it can’t be displaced out of the ringweave, unless… you build Ft Knox in the middle of the island, and no other counterbalances to keep the ringweave from folding in half, or something similar. Bamboo reinforced concrete as local building foundation would seem to gain an obvious competitive edge over steel, now that “island weight” is introduced as a variable, without having to run any numbers as it was close in strength already and significantly less expensive. There is some Indian technology with engineering type data that might prove this. I look for it and post/edit this later on.

it would depend on the island! (and the location of it too) . Initially, yes