Very Large FLoating Structures, steel reinforced concrete caison

Quoted from Ali Duman:

**Hi,

We constructed this floating concrete barge for a shipyard owner, they were planning to use for connection between a jetty and dry dock. 375USD/m2 in 2012.

Floating Concrete Barge

imagen
MONACO%201.jpg980x450 479 KB

@aliduman | Ali, the principle of placing real estate space into the structure instead on top of it was also present in the Monaco Breakwater which features a parkhouse under the waterline.

Reference | Reference 2 | Seasteading is underevaluated as investment field |

This makes floating infrastructure even more competitive with landfill - as landfill is limited to buildings on top.
Postulate: Floating Real Estate does not mean real estate square meters “on top of a floating platform” it means real estate troughout the honeycomb structure volume.

That makes the cost per squaremeter figure different.
Postulate: The parkhouse in the Monaco Breakwater is successfully competing with the parkgarages of the surrounding highrise buildings on the local Monaco real estate market.

@Matias | any comment on that ?
alidumanAli
Jan 12

@ellmer Thanks for information, i agree with you. Given (375$/m2) price was according to honeycomb structure volume. I mean, the price is not including mooring details, superstructure works etc., just the floating structure

Regard

@MatiasVolco | i think we should really migrate the key info about the economoy and square meter cost of floating structures to this place here. ( The TSI thread seems to have a phase of rapid degradation and meddling with the content of the contributors…)

As Ali reclaims on the deleted thread - everybody is kept back to post relevant stuff due to the stinky neighborhood…:grinning: So we are certainly better here…i doubt that they are in for doing a good job in keeping their house in a good status…

@aliduman | are you here yet ? | if not - @MatiasVolco can you use the admin function to send him an invite ?

@aliduman is now a user in this forum (I just made him a regular so he can post freely).

The context we begin with is what is already possible and commercially viable using the “Heavy Method” of construction.

@MatiasVolco | @aliduman |

So, Ali what i got so far is, that you have been involved in some of those big floating concrete engineering projects.

Unfortunatly exploring the topic on the TSI forum has not been possible due to those agressive interferers.

So let us have our conversation here.

Hi Matias,

This is an important point, thank you. I will try to understand prices through this perspective. Nowadays i am looking for seasteading implementatipn plan, calculations by deltasync. I believe it will help me to understand general concept better.

Thank you for your invitation